City of Leon Valley
City Council Regular Meeting
Leon Valley City Council Chambers
6400 El Verde Road, Leon Valley, TX 78238
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
1. 6:00 PM Call to Order, Determine a Quorum is Present, Pledge of Allegiance.
1. Presentation of 2017 Beautification Excellence Awards to Homeowners and Businesses in Leon Valley (M&C # 2017-06-20-01 V. Wallace)
2. Presentation honoring David Ricks contributions and thirty (30) years of service to the City of Leon Valley. (Mayor Chris Riley and City Manager Kelly Kuenstler)
3. Presentation of a Certificate of Appreciation to Pamela McAdams in Recognition of Sixteen (16) Years of Service (Mayor Chris Riley and City Manager Kelly Kuenstler)
4. Presentation and Discussion on Deer Management (Jessica Alderson, Urban Biologist, Texas Parks and Wildlife)
5. Presentation of Zoning Commission Activities FY 2016-2017. (Vice-Chairman Phyllis McMillan)
3. Citizens to Be Heard
4. City Manager's Report
1. Approved Minutes From Various City Boards, Committees, and Commissions
2. Upcoming Important Events:
· Next City Council Meeting, July 18, 2017
· Trailblazer Truck at the Leon Valley Library Parking Lot on Friday, June 23, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· City Offices Closed, July 4, 2017, in observance of Independence Day
· July 4, 2017, Regular City Council Meeting cancelled due to the July 4th festivities.
· Leon Valley 4th of July Festival & Fireworks Spectacular, Raymond Rimkus Park, Festivities run from 7:30 a.m. (Pioneer Run) and go until dusk (Fireworks).
· Movies in the Park, “Lego Batman”, Raymond Rimkus Park, July 7, 2017 at 8:30 p.m.
· Coffee with the Mayor & City Council, July 22, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
· Miscellaneous other events and announcements
5. Announcements by the Mayor and Council Members. At this time, reports about items of community interest, which no action will be taken may be given to the public as per Chapter 551.0415 of the Government Code, such as: expressions of thanks, congratulations or condolence, information regarding holiday schedules, reminders of social, ceremonial, or community events organized or sponsored by the governing body or that was or will be attended by a member of the Leon Valley City Council or a City official.
6. Consent Agenda
1. Discuss and Consider Possible Action of the Following City Council Minutes:
a. Regular Meeting- June 6, 2017 7:00 PM
2. Discuss and Consider Possible Action on an Ordinance Amending the City of Leon Valley Code of Ordinances, Appendix A, "Fee Schedule" Particularly, Section A.8000, "Building Construction and Related Fees," Subsection A8.012, "Plumbing, Gas, and Sewer Trench Permits," and Subsection A8.014, "Signs" to Add Fees That Were Not Included in the Last Fee Code Update (M&C # 2017-06-20-02 K.Flores)
3. Discuss and Consider Possible Action on a Resolution of the City of Leon Valley City Council Removing and Appointing Members to the Home Rule Charter Commission and the Citizens Police Advisory Committee (M&C # 2017-06-20-03 S. Passailaigue)
4. Discussion and Possible Action to Accept the Lowest Responsive Bid and Awarding a Construction Contract in an Amount Not To Exceed $65,182.00 to Cal-Tex Interiors For the Evers Road Sidewalk Rehabilitation Phase II Project (M&C # 2017-06-20-04 M. Moritz)
7. Regular Agenda
1. Discuss and Consider Possible Action on Proposed Hike and Bike Trail Route Recommendations (M&C # 2017-06-20-05 M. McCleod and Hike & Bike Advisory Committee Chair Matthew Hodde)
2. Discuss and Consider Possible Action on Forest Oaks Pool Report (M&C # 2017-06-20-06 M. Moritz)
3. Discuss and Consider Possible Action to Accept the Lowest Responsive Bid and Award a Contract in an Amount Not to Exceed $128,897.25 to EZ Bel Construction for the Purpose of Constructing a New Traffic Signal System at Huebner and Evers Roads; and Authorizing the Reallocation of Funds in the Amount of $37,000.00 from the Public Works FY 2017 Capital Budget to the Huebner and Evers Roads Traffic Signal System Project. (M&C # 2017-06-20- 07 M. Moritz)
4. Discuss and Consider Possible Action of Plat #2017-003, Establishing We Care Shopping Center Subdivision, Being 2.50 acres of Land, Lot 3, CB 4446, Generally Located at 7228 Bandera Road (M&C # 2017-06-20-08 K. Flores)
5. Discuss and Consider Possible Action on a Sign Variance # 2017-002, to Grant a Sign Variance to Chapter 14, “Zoning Ordinance,” Section 14.02.304, “Regulations for All Districts,” Subsection (m) “Overlay Districts,” Part G(2)(f). “Window Signs,” to Allow Full Window Glazing at 7007 Bandera Road, Suite 16 (M&C # 2017-06-20-09 K. Flores)
6. Public Hearing on Zoning Case #2017-398, to Rezone Approximately 0.72 acres of Land Being Lot 7, CB 4445, Dirt V-Murchison-Huebner Subdivision, Generally Located in the 7400 Block of Huebner Road, from B-1 (Small Business) Sustainability Overlay to B-2 (Retail) Sustainability Overlay. (M&C # 2017-06-20-10 K.Flores)
7. Discuss, Consider and Possible Action on an Ordinance Approving Zoning Case #2017-398, to Rezone Approximately 0.72 acres of Land Being Lot 7, CB 4445, Dirt V-Murchison-Huebner Subdivision, Generally Located in the 7400 Block of Huebner Road, from B-1 (Small Business) Sustainability Overlay to B-2 (Retail) Sustainability Overlay. (M&C # 207-06-20-11 K.Flores)
8. Discuss and Consider Possible Action on an Ordinance Amending the City of Leon Valley Code of Ordinances, Appendix A, "Fee Schedule," Article A8.000, "Building and Construction Related Fees," to Add Section A8.023, "Contractor Penalty Fee," in the amount of $300 for the 1st Offense, $500 for the 2nd Offense and $1,000 for the 3rd Offense" (M&C # 2017-06-20-12 K. Flores)
9. Discuss and Consider Possible Action Authorizing the Reallocation of Park Capital Funds for The Ridge at Leon Valley Proposed Park (M&C # 2017-06-20-13 M. Moritz)
10. Discuss and Consider Possible Action on Designating an Area at the Community Center as "Veteran's Park" (M&C # 2017-06-20-14 M. Moritz)
11. Discussion, Presentation, and Possible Action to Approve the Placement and Operation of a New Pavilion at CB 4432C Block 5 Lot SE IRRG 150.38FT OF 10 ARB 10A, also known as 6600 Strawflower, and Located at the Corner of Peachtree and Poss Roads (M&C # 2017-06-20-15 M. Moritz)
12. Presentation, Discussion and Possible Approval of the Leon Valley Personnel Manual (M&C # 2017-06-20-16 K. Kuenstler)
13. Discuss and Consider Possible Action on a Revised Salary Scale for Employees of the City of Leon Valley (M&C # 2017-06-20-17 K.Kuenstler)
8. Citizens to be Heard
Executive Session. The City Council of the City of Leon Valley reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed on the posted agenda, above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Sections 551.071 (consultation with attorney), 551.072 (deliberations about real property), 551.073 (deliberations about gifts and donations), 551.074 (personnel matters), 551.076 (deliberations about security devices), and 551.087 (economic development).
Attendance by Other Elected or Appointed Officials: It is anticipated that members other City boards, commissions and/or committees may attend the open meeting in numbers that may constitute a quorum. Notice is hereby given that the meeting, to the extent required by law, is also noticed as a meeting of any other boards, commissions and/or committees of the City, whose members may be in attendance in numbers constituting a quorum. These members of other City boards, commissions, and/or committees may not deliberate or take action on items listed on the agenda. [Attorney General Opinion – No. GA-0957 (2012)].
I hereby certify that the above NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING(S) AND AGENDA OF THE LEON VALLEY CITY COUNCIL was posted at the Leon Valley City Hall, 6400 El Verde Road, Leon Valley, Texas, and remained posted until after the meeting(s) hereby posted concluded. This notice is posted on the City website at www.leonvalleytexas.gov. This building is wheelchair accessible. Any request for sign interpretive or other services must be made 48 hours in advance of the meeting. To make arrangements, call (210) 684-1391, Extension 216.
SAUNDRA PASSAILAIGUE, TRMC
June 15th, 2017 5:47 PM