City of Leon Valley
City Council Special Meeting
Leon Valley City Council Chambers
6400 El Verde Road, Leon Valley, TX 78238
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
1. 5:30 PM Call to Order to Determine a Quorum is Present.
2. The City Council shall meet in Executive Session pursuant to Section 551.101 of the Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, a quorum of the governing body hereby convenes into closed session to discuss the following:
1. Section 551.074 Personnel Matters; the governing body hereby convenes into Closed Session regarding the dismissal of two (2) police officers, the reassignment of an employee and the employment of an employment candidate.
2. Section 551.071 Consultation with Attorney regarding a City of Leon Valley municipal code compliance matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code.
3. Section 551.071 Consultation with Attorney to deliberate contemplated litigation or settlement regarding Cause No. 2013-CI-03399, WM. Rancher Estates Joint Venture, et al., vs. City of Leon Valley, Texas, et. al. (Patrick Bernal, Attorney at Law).
3. Reconvene into Regular Session and take action on issues discussed in Executive Session if necessary.
4. Special Agenda
1. Discuss and consider action on the approval of a settlement agreement regarding Cause No. 2013-CI-03399, WM. Rancher Estates Joint Venture, et al., vs. City of Leon Valley, Texas, et. al.
Executive Session. The City Council of the City of Leon Valley reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed on the posted agenda, above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Sections 551.071 (consultation with attorney), 551.072 (deliberations about real property), 551.073 (deliberations about gifts and donations), 551.074 (personnel matters), 551.076 (deliberations about security devices), and 551.087 (economic development).
Attendance by Other Elected or Appointed Officials: It is anticipated that members other City boards, commissions and/or committees may attend the open meeting in numbers that may constitute a quorum. Notice is hereby given that the meeting, to the extent required by law, is also noticed as a meeting of any other boards, commissions and/or committees of the City, whose members may be in attendance in numbers constituting a quorum. These members of other City boards, commissions, and/or committees may not deliberate or take action on items listed on the agenda. [Attorney General Opinion - No. GA-0957 (2012)].
I hereby certify that the above NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING(S) AND AGENDA OF THE LEON VALLEY CITY COUNCIL was posted at the Leon Valley City Hall, 6400 El Verde Road, Leon Valley, Texas, on February 03, 2017 at 12:45 p.m. and remained posted until after the meeting(s) hereby posted concluded. This notice is posted on the City website at www.leonvalleytexas.gov .This building is wheelchair accessible. Any request for sign interpretive or other services must be made 48 hours in advance of the meeting. To make arrangements, call (210) 684-1391, Extension 216.
SAUNDRA PASSAILAIGUE, TRMC