Property Owner: David Holland, owner of Longtab Brewing Company
Request: A Special Use Permit for the operation of a “Bar,” specifically a brewpub and microbrewery in an I-1 Light Industrial Zoning district, in the Commercial/Industrial Overlay District.
Site: 4700 Timco West Ste 105, Leon Valley, TX 78238, CB 4428F BLK 5 Lot 2
Zoning/Land Use: Surrounding zoning consists of:
· North, South, East and West I-1 Light Industrial
· With some B-3 commercial to the West of Zarzamora Creek and North of Bandera Rd.
· City of San Antonio to the South.
History: · 1952 - Lot incorporated with the City of Leon Valley
· 1965 - Ordinance 101 established Zoning as I-1 Light Industrial
· 1981 - Platted as Lot 2 Block 5 CB 4428F
· 2010 - Included in the Commercial/Industrial Overlay
· 2017 - 4700 Timco, known as Timco Business Park, building project completed 7-18-2017
Master Plan: The 2009 Master Plan, Section 2Bcc Leon Valley South Corridor addresses the area noting that I-1 (Light Industrial) zoning, is recommended for undeveloped lots in the area.
Staff Comments: 1) City Inspectors have no objections to the proposed use.
2) Applicant has met all requirements of the Zoning Code.
3) TIA worksheet was received that indicated under 100 trips, therefore they will not be required to submit a Traffic Impact analysis.
4) Proposed Zoning is consistent with Master Plan.
5) Proposed Zoning is compatible with adjacent uses.
Letters Mailed and Responses Received from Property Owners within 200-feet
8 Mailed 0 In Favor 1 Opposed
0 Total responses received as of October 10-25-2017
0 Returned, unable to deliver
SEE LEON VALLEY
Social - The request benefits all citizens by maintaining a stable economic base.
Economic - The request ensures a pro-business climate that creates jobs.
Environmental - The building in which the proposed use is located was built to
Commercial and Industrial overlay standards that require the planting of trees and other vegetation to support the City’s tree planting goals.
The City will gain sales tax from beer and food sales. As a tenant, the activity will support continued ad valorem taxes.